Born in Padua in 1936, he was professor of architectural design at Politecnico di Milano. In 1975 he was a UNESCO consultant for the museums of Venezuela and in 1984 he was a lecturer at the University of Architecture of Salvador de Bahia. In 1986 he held a seminar on "Problems in the history and design of museums" in Rio de Janeiro at the Fundaçao Nacional Pro-Memoria under the aegis of the UNDP-UNESCO. In 1992-94 he was a professor of museum design at the School of Archeology of Athens. He has collaborated with the Pavilion of Contemporary Art of Milan and the International Design Center of New York in exhibitions of architecture and design. He shares his architect's studio with Marco Albini in Milan. He has made numerous architectural projects related to important museums in the world, the Milan metropolitan system and the restoration of buildings. He has been collaborating with San Lorenzo since 1970.