Giotto Stoppino (Vigevano, 30 April 1926 - Milan, 23 August 2011) was an Italian architect and designer. A pupil of the architect Ernesto Nathan Rogers, one of the inspiring exponents of neoliberality, he collaborated with the architects Vittorio Gregottie L. Meneghetti (Architetti Associati 1953-1968). Since 1968, an independent studio, its intense activity ranges from architecture, urban planning to design: residential unit in Cameri, rented houses and office building in Novara, headquarters of the Banca Popolare di Novara in Bra, buildings in Via Palmanova, via Cassoni, Via Desiderio in Milan, building for houses and offices in Lucca, the Bossi Spa textile factory in Cameri. Since 1960 member of the Association for Industrial Design (ADI) twice in the steering committee ADI 66-68 and 71-73. President of the Association for Industrial Design (ADI) 82-84, chairs the ICSID '83 International Congress in Milan. Two honorable reports: the Compasso d'Oro Award in the sixties and seventies, two gold compasses in 1979 89, and present since 1970 at the Museum of Modern Art in New York with the 537 Arteluce lamp in the permanent collection, while the Sheraton furniture since '81 is part of the permanent collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The
12 July 2011 the Compasso d'Oro career award
on the occasion of the XXII edition of the award.