Ico Parisi was one of the prominent figures of the 1900s Como culture. Already active at the Terragni studio in 1936, he graduated in architecture in Lausanne in 1950. He then works as an architect (remember, among others, the Pavilion of the Triennale of Milan, 1954, the church of Santa Maria dell’Osa in Fonteblanda Of Grosseto, 1962, and the many private homes), as designers (furniture, objects, glasses, etc.) as “utopian man” who faces present and future with a series of provocative and ironic proposals. He and his work paid attention to the Venice Biennial (1976), the National Gallery of Modern Art in Rome (1979), the Musée d’Ixelles (1980), Documenta in Kassel (1982), the Pompidou Center Paris (1983), the Pavilion of Contemporary Art in Milan (1986), Civic Gallery of Modena (1990 and 1994), the Civic Picture Gallery of Como (1995).